Effective January 2016
Representations You Make
You represent and warrant that the information that you provide to us about you, or, if you are a health care provider, about your patient, will be current, true, accurate, supportable and complete. If you are a health care provider, you represent and warrant that you have all necessary licenses, registrations, rights, consents and approvals to use or disclose Personal Information (any information that may be used to identify an individual, such as the patient’s first and last name, Social Security Number, age, gender, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, other contact information, certain health information, or other personally identifiable information under an applicable law such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) or an equivalent State law governing the use or disclosure of health information) and Protected Health Information (Personal Information in conjunction with information related to physical or mental health, such as medical history, family history, medical diagnosis, health background, current health status, age, gender, sexual behavior and sexual orientation, demographic information (including race, ethnicity, marital status, salary, education, political, religious, and trade union information) and information related to the diagnosis and treatment of health conditions, over-the-counter and prescription medications, laboratory test results, payments for treatment and health insurance information or other personally identifiable information under an applicable law such as HIPAA or an equivalent State law governing the use or disclosure of Protected Health Information and as defined by HIPAA).
Tempus’s Services are offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the United States. By using Tempus’s Services, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with Tempus and meet all of the eligibility requirements.
Who We Are
Tempus works with you and your health care provider to collect and send tissues samples to our lab or our partner lab, MLabs at the University of Michigan, for molecular profiling. We analyze the genomic information with our proprietary annotation engine to identify relevant clinical trials and treatment information for your doctor’s consideration. We send the fully annotated reports to you and/or your health care provider. Tempus does not engage in the practice of medicine.
In addition, we may use samples, clinical information and test results for validation, educational, and/or research purposes in accordance with the policies and procedures outlined in our Informed Consent. For all research purposes, all information will be de-identified according to HIPAA standards and will be stored in research databases in a HIPAA-compliant manner.
We understand that Protected Health Information is personal and private, and we are dedicated to maintaining the accessibility, integrity, and security of Protected Health Information.
Who We Are Not
Nothing on our Website or in any of our other interactions with you or in your use of any of Tempus’s Services should be construed as creating or establishing a physician-patient relationship between Tempus and you. IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW IS EXPERIENCING A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on our Website, or that Tempus has communicated to you in any other fashion.
The content on our Website, such as text, graphics, images, articles, and other materials (“Content”) is for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Tempus does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, usefulness or adequacy of any resources, information, apparatus, product, or process available at or from our Website. Our Website is not designed for the delivery of time sensitive or life critical medical or health-related communications.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
If you choose a user name, password, and/or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you are expected to treat such information as confidential. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and you are expected to treat your account as confidential. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your user name and password. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to, use or disclosure of your user name, password, or any other security violation or breach. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view, track or record your user name, password, or other Personal Information.
Tempus ensures the accessibility, integrity and security of Protected Health Information with built in access controls, monitoring, auditing and tracking features. Every login, action performed and Website usage is tracked and captured.
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Website, or any of Tempus’s Services, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Prohibited Uses or Disclosures
You agree not to use the Website or Tempus’s Services:
- In any way that violates Privacy Laws.
- To transmit any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Tempus, a Tempus agent or employee, another user or any other person or entity.
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm Tempus or users of the Website and Tempus’s Services or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper functioning of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Website and Tempus’s Services is made available for general information purposes. We do not undertake to review all material before it is posted on the Website. While we intend for all information on our Website to be useful, we do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its Content.
Linking to the Website and Social Media Features